The Top 6 Traffic Accident Do’s and Don’ts
- Following an accident: Don’t make it worse. Don’t place yourself in more danger than you already are. Don’t take a ride from a stranger. Don’t push your car out of the middle lane on the I-10 at 5:30 p.m. on a Monday. If it is an injury accident, as the law says, Do pull over and exchange insurance information, but Do use some common sense and make the exchange in a safe place. If you are concerned about your safety, whether it’s the area or the other driver, Do make sure you are in a well-lighted, public place for this exchange.
- Do call 9-1-1 and wait for the police to arrive. If the other driver is at fault and you are concerned that he will try to deceive the police, Do make sure that any witnesses stay around to talk to the police, or at least obtain their contact information for later.
- Do tell the truth. It is unlawful to lie to the police, so Don’t, or you’ll find yourself in a lot more trouble.
- Do get necessary medical treatment as soon as possible. If you are hurt, Do tell the officer, and he will make you get the proper emergency medical treatment. If you are not sure whether you are injured, tell the officer that. If you have to make an injury claim later, you don’t want it recorded that you said you were not hurt. If you start feeling poorly after you leave the scene of the accident, Do head for the nearest emergency room or urgent care facility. At least call your doctor and make an appointment so that you have documented that you were experiencing symptoms, in case it is disputed later.
- Do report the accident to your insurance company right away. If you don’t timely report the accident to your insurance carrier, you may be violating the insurance policy and jeopardizing coverage. You Don’t have to immediately give a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company. The more statements you make, the greater the chance that you will eventually contradict yourself, even if you are trying to be 100% honest.
- Do call a lawyer—he will help or refer you a knowledgeable colleague. Don’t know a lawyer, then Discover How You Can have Mike Samuels at Samuels Law Group PLC answer all your questions about your situation. Go ahead and Grab Your Phone Right Now and Dial (480) 565–2000.
For over 27 Years, Changing Lives Through the Practice of Law!
P.S. Remember, before it is too late…take action now and secure time-tested legal representation to solve your problem and ease your mind.
P.P.S. Go ahead and grab your phone right now and dial (480) 565-2000
to speak with Mike Samuels at Samuels Law Group PLC.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!